Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-05-17

Getting older

It's true... not me, but other people. In fact, many people I know are actually getting younger. But in the truest essence, folks are maturing into their life-roles... and that is really cool. In the last week, I found out about eight marriages of friends/ acquaintances... and that is amazing! I am so happy for all of them, including that bad boy from Dallas... Mr. Feldman: present's in the mail buddy! Cousin Rachel, Mazel Tov to you and Tom... such wonderful news!
--
Thailand was a life-changing experience for me. It is hard to go into detail, but here is the gist: Many different paths of my life converged at once and the energy was on the same wavelength. I had the ability to "be" in the moment and be the same "person/ego/character/etc" at the same instants. In essence, I was free and comfortable with in my skin. No pressure, no worries, no self. Words are getting in the way of this discussion about energy, but it all came to fruition... and I have a goal, a plan and a dream.

I am once again excited to wake up everyday and live it to the fullest. I had had a lot of introspective figuring in the months leading up to this vacation and it just happened that the humidity of southern Thailand let all of the thinking melt away. In its place came the "feeling" that had been missing: the true, "gut instinct" that has gotten me this far- the same intuition that I am told to ignore by the "civilized" world. Anyhow, it's back... I reckon, a vacation is sometimes all that is needed to get refocused, fired-up and passionate with a desire to live. But one has to be ready to feel, otherwise the vacation can be more entrenching than liberating.

Naoko sensei told me that she noticed a difference in me while we had Yufuin water the other day. I joked that it's my sunburn/tan... and she said that wasn't it (It also wasn't the typical Japanese answer that "You've lost weight..."). I laughed and she caught it immediately... "Dave, we have missed your smile.. It's important that you do it more." I guess Thailand is the "Smile Country" because in my short time there, it is the only part of the language that I was able to speak fluently by the time I left. I forgot it during times in the week I have been back, but every time I remembered and it resurfaced, the attitude of the entire world around me seemed to transmorphimigize into peace. You think that one's attitude about the world is the direct reflection of the world back to that person?

No comments: