Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2010-07-03

Life begins anew... studying

Argghhh. I just wrote a small blog and it disappeared in my cut and paste options... Oy.

Here are some pictures from the campus of Western Washington University, in Bellingham, Washington State. This is my home for the next year and eight months, as I embark on an amazing program to earn a Masters in Environmental Education and a certificate in non-profit administration. The program involves a one-year residency at the North Cascades Institute, in the heart of the National Park with the same name.

There are many opportunities for me to create, research, learn and practice many elements of non-profit work and experiential education. As this is the field for me, it is a matter of checking out the many facets and fine-tuning my abilities and interests. I am in a good place.


View from the student union, looking at Bellingham Bay... with one of the San Juan Islands in the background
View of the main administration building, lost in and among Douglas Fir

The main plaza of campus. Lots of construction in the summer because the weather is nice and there are fewer students


Some more buildings... the one under construction is the home of the Environmental Studies department



One of the walkways on campus, and one of the many statues around also

1 comment:

愛子 said...

so GREEN!
in the summer it really DOES look peaceful. does it last all school year?