Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-10-29

Notes on the day:

I carved my first pumpkin in far too long... I hope to bring it to school tomorrow without it getting ruined... i want to show the students a real Jack O'Lantern, instead of drawing diagrams and explaining about it in class.

Poor "white stone" boy. He got hit in the face and his glasses got knocked off in the process. He came into the teachers' room crying as school ended and it was a messy sight. Big mistake... he got screamed at. The kids who hit him got called into the office and yelled at... and I couldn't help but laugh because I work with the teacher who was yelling. I wasn't alone, as the entire corner of the office was smirking and giggling as these three students stood at attention and received their verbal lashing. And when I thought it was over... "white stone" got drilled with the loudest screaming I have heard in months. I laugh also because in my country only the "hitters" get yelled at... in this case, the one who got hit, got yelled at more... and why? Because he egged on the other two and irritated them to the point of hitting him! Just a random cultural nuance that I can't really describe well. But the few teachers sitting in the back of the room had a delightful laugh about silly middle school boys' schennenigans.

No comments: