Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-10-24

Sports

The thought that ran through my head while leaving elementary school today (Friday):

"Damn, I had runners one first and second and I fouled out... a pop-out on the first-base side... idiot, Dave." Regarding Kickball- ahh! (to be fair, i did kick a solo home run the "at-bat" prior.)

The thought I had yesterday (Thursday) while leaving junior high:

"No amount of smoking and drinking and playing in the fraternity house could have prepared me to play ping-pong against that girl (first grade = 7th graders.) She was amazing. And the other girl wasn't strong, but I would never know because I couldn't return her serve."

The discussion with the third graders (9th graders) after playing softball with them during PE class on Tuesday:

"David, you know the rules. OK. You are good at second base. You are not good (ドンコン) at hitting." Two routine ground balls that I managed to field properly and correctly... and one missed relay to the plate that they neglected to mention. And 0-fer at the plate... a great outing for me... 0-4, and I only reached first on a fielder's choice to tag out my teammate at third.

My thought regarding basketball on Wednesday night:

"Goods and bads tonight... I botched one game for the team by missing every open shot opportunity, but I had a block that would make Ben Wallace smile."

I still have to take it easy, but back into the active lifestyle...

It's great to be able to play sports again! And my students are amazing athletes. Wow.

No comments: