Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-04-06

Different Influences

I truly enjoy moving around. Traveling in actuality and in mentality. This means always putting forth one's best in effort and in manner. It also can be interpreted as simply seeing a lot of cool stuff, or enjoying the stuff that one sees for what it is... without judging and without taking sides.

In this entire process there are a lot of influences. Memorable scenes, fun experiences, and unforgetable people. The people can be the coolest cats on the planet; they can be the most mediocre folks that put a pattern in any place; they can be the despised people that no one hopes to ever be like. It's addictive to be with the rad ones, easy or difficult to get along with the mediocre folks (based on my given attitude at the time), and really fucking hard to put up with the parasites. Regardless, they each play a super important role in my life.

I have to recognize the influence and let it act accordingly. In turn, it is my responsibilty to re-infuence the influence. This is the "transfering of energy" that I am studying and trying to feel. Not so easy... but slowly and surely, ne.

And that leads me to Patience, but that is another blog post entirely.

In the meantime, working with the influences and influencing back. Energy.

1 comment:

Drew McCrary said...

One of the things that I keep coming back to, as cliche as it seems in the mainstream, is the idea of "paying it forward." This is especially important in the transiance of traveling, in that we may only be coming into contact with certain individuals one time in our entire lives, leaving only an ethereal snippet of our personality imbued upon them. I feel like we meet specific people for a reason, and it's important that we pass along positivity in some manner, for that's what's going to slowly change the world... or at least I'd like to think so (easier said than done, I know).

I'll be back to technology soon... I swear... D