Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-04-23

Hawaii shashin #1

Well, I have another post for later because I couldn't upload them all at once. Damn.


Northern Coastal valley... went here,on my first day... to the end of the road!

On the way back over to the west side I took the high road over to Waimea Valley... here is a view from 3000 feet, looking over the Waikoloa area

Our favorite beach, Day 1!
Day 3 abouts... to the top of Mauna Kea volcano! It is something like 13, 364 feet... and that is Maui in the background... Haleakala, more specifically.

Would you believe some dude from Oahu brought his snowboard to the Big Island? Neither could I , but he was a real bro about letting me get a ride with his gear!
Taking a run in Hawaii... it has been a joke for years and now it is legit! Check THAT off my list! Yosh!
"Throw up the Shaka, brah!"

Hilo-side (east side of Hawaii). Usually it rains, but we got a nice bit of sunshine!

Some waterfalls from the wet east side

Back to the dry west side... I hiked from the road to a beach using a forgotten trail through fresh lava fields

Said beach... this is apparently the King's ole fishin' hole! And black sand beaches... and a ton of turtles too! Pretty water, pretty day, pretty fun to hitchhike back to the condo to meet the family!

Sunset view from said condo!

Typical breakfast: strawberry papaya with lime, toasted bagel with butter, island bananas, Passion-Orange-Guava (POG) juice, Kona coffee... out on the lanai... paradise?! Yes.

A self-portrait of my brother and I. Those are our (second) margaritas and beers... Too bad Syracuse lost that game, but it was rad to watch basketball in real time! Ohh yeah, that IS a tub of hummus!

I saw this in the Honolulu airport and figured it was a good way to describe the vacation!

1 comment:

Drew McCrary said...

Dude that snowboarding picture is SO dope... Jealous!!!! They usually kick me in the balls and make me pay to use the bathroom in Ukraine... How's that for hospitality?