Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2012-03-22

Done

Graduated!
Master's of Education (Environmental Ed.), Western Washington University
Certificate in Leadership and Nonprofit Administration, North Cascades Institute
Northwest Naturalist Certification, North Cascades Institute

July 2007~May 2010: English Teacher and Educational Administrator in Fukuoka, Japan
June 2010~Mar 2012: Graduate Student, Pacific Northwest
April 2012: Some teaching
May 2012: Taking a break...

Five years of my life dedicated to Education- teaching and learning: Earning money and spending it, breaking even on the money scale; traveling a lot and being outside a lot; reading a lot and growing mentally; making a ton of friends and working with and learning from amazing students of various backgrounds and ages; different climates, weather patterns and cultural nuances... the list goes on and on.

I couldn't have planned it better if I had tried. It's important to look back over my shoulder to see what I have accomplished and how I feel. I am in a good place. I have a direction I am pursuing. I am filled with a sense of wonder. I love the world and know that I have a role in it. Though I am not still sure how it will all play out, I am excited for the possibilities that may lie ahead. I am also nervous about my role, but I have to let the winds take me to the right place where I will succeed and flourish.

This is a time to clean up the pieces, organize for the future and thin out the unneeded parts. It is a time to register my non-stop work for the past five years and let go of the oldest attachments. a new decade, a new direction, a new life. But still incorporating the history that got me here. The cherry and plum trees are blossoming and Spring has come!

1 comment:

Erin Edelman said...

Congratulations on finishing! Enjoy the aftermath...

We hope you'll come and visit us when you find the time!