Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-02-02

Hail, Steeler Nation

With my reversible Kordell Stewart jersey (#10) turned white-side out, I hunkered down with Gage and Wendy to watch the super bowl live! Well, for us it was live, though actually a day later. We didn't check the Internet for the scores; we had no expectations. We BBQ'd, ate homemade 5-layer bean dip (salsa, cheese, guac, and sour cream also!) and watched the game, Fast forwarding whenever we could, to save time. Wendy from AZ, was fired up to watch her team. I, from SoCal, was fired up to watch my adopted team (damn Rams), and Gage, from Hawaii was locked into the gridiron action. Needless to say, it was an awesome game- worth watching for shure.

Atta boy Santonio Holmes (#10 now!) with the MVP. I liked Harrison's 100-yd run back, personally, but Big Ben also deserves some mad props. He is awesome. NObody like him. Kurt Warner gets props too- he is a stud. Simply a great game to watch. After the safety I calmly walked onto my balcony and screamed the loudest, "Fuck" I have yelled in a very, very long time. I saw it melting away... then the AZ touchdown... but when Holmes caught that laser from Ben... oh man it was sweet. My upstairs neighbor wrote me a message today, "How many people did you have over last night?" It was only three, but apparently it was louder than I thought...

More Myanmar pix sometime soon...

2 comments:

Traveling Wayne said...

we can send you to the ends of the earth and back and yet you are still a steelers fan...

Unknown said...

i wish u get a chance to see and across taungthaman lake one day!!!!!!!!!!