Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2010-10-13

Posting for its own sake

So,
No one else has posted anything recently. That's OK. But I feel as if something needs to be written. Therefore I am posting something.

And now that the cobwebs have cleared up slightly, I can add a bit more:

I have been so busy with my graduate program. I feel rather selfish and unaware of my family and friends. I am in a tiny world, in a minuscule community off into the far-flung reaches of nature in the heart of the mountains, etc. Some days are better than others but no day is really that bad! Fortunate so far I guess. It's hard to stay connected as I put in 10-12 hours a day while teaching, typing notes, keeping records and journals, being social (with my now limited capacity and ability!) and working for the institute. I don't want to let a day go by where I am not involved... except for the days when I am only resting (my Shabbat). thus, I am always tired, always busy and never engaged in the lives of my girlfriend, friends and family. I feel bad about this. I am soaking in all that I can in order to get the experience for which I came here. But it has been indeed a challenge to balance the personal life with the business/studying. I have some energy shifting to do... yet another challenge for me.

No comments: