Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-11-13

my life in pictures... 3rd set so far

Here are some pictures from Halloween. Yes, I dressed up like a cowboy again. Call it a cop-out, but I had on better jeans and I remembered the bandana this time! Grouped up some American, Japanese, English and Indian friends; dressed up; and went bowling.



Group picture

Captain hook takes a bite out of Santa while Bond bowls a strike!


The Devil and the Cowgirl


The ballerina and the turkey


Backup costumes found at the bowlling alley!



"The Devil went down to Georgia..."


Chuck Norris and James Bond-- there were two funny, impromptu Chuck Norris jokes made during the two rounds of bowling... I don't remember them now but one of them had to do with roundhouse kicking the pin in order to pick up the spare. Another one alluded to the pins knocking themselves down because they are afraid of Chuck Norris.


And for a change of holidays:

Celebrating Diwali: October 29th was the Indian New Year. It is a festival of lights among other things… so we lit a lot of candles and ate a lot of (amazing Indian) food. Cheers to Prema and Praju (Projecktor!) for setting it up and teaching us about their tradition.

Lighting candles and eating small pieces of fry bread. おいしいかったです!


Candles and flowers. Praju had the idea to float them all in water and it turned out rather pretty I think.

The feast! Daal, curry, fried bread goodness, chicken... mmm so good, and of course, I practiced using my hands to eat (with rice of course, but not pictured)


These were some autumn holidays. Up next are some autumn naturey pictures (I think I promised these last time, but I obvisouly was wrong)


Congrats Hill and Sam and Lilly!!!! Arrived a little bit late for the party, dear!

1 comment:

Adventures of Sam and Hill said...

Thank you for the card and shout out! Lilly is excited to meet you when you get back!!!! xox