Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-11-26

my life in pictures... 4th set

Richard, Shintani sensei and I went to Yufuin for a relaxing overnight at this famous Kyushu onsen area. It was a nice way to unwind and share some laughs away from the office.

On a stroll around town we saw this famous ex-sumo star who was filming some advertising commercials for Yufuin. We had to get a picture with him. I am standing on a slope, he is enormous.
We stayed in a traditional ryokan. This particular one had a private outside onsen that we used and this restaurant also. Yes we are eating Shabu shabu while our feet are immersed in hot water... a foot onsen at the table... amazing!
Us in Yukata... and what the hell is a huge moose doing in this place?
Richard and Shintani in front of the Kouyo... changing leaves! I think these happened to be momiji!
Same place, different time and reason:
I went for a day hike in Yufuin. I hiked the city's famous twin peaks, called Yufu-dake. And had a nice onsen afterwards (just following in Eric's footsteps!)

Nice leaves that I saw that day

At at the summit junction
View of Kuju-san (volcano) rising above the clouds
The approach, from the junction, to Nishi-dake (the west peak), using chains

Me at the top of a windy Higashi-dake (east peak)
The twin peak from a lower level, on the descent

The peak from a smaller, hidden trail that had me bushwhacking for 30 minutes!
And another update later

No comments: