Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-12-04

some pix of kyoto... this will take numerous posts

So, i have been writing a lot lately. I have been posting many things. Maybe you can respond to my questions and peruse the dedications and check out the pictures.

Here is the first of a ton of pictures that I am still sorting through. I went to Kyoto (京都) for three days to see the changing leaves... known as Kouyou (紅葉). The most famous of which is the Japanese maple, the Momiji (もみじ). To say that it was packed would be an understatement. It felt like everyone in Japan descended upon Kyoto at the same time. It felt like a three-day party even though I am not quite sure where the center of it all was. Absolute madness. I know it was packed because when we all left the party, the Tokyo-bound platform for the bullet train, shinkansen (新幹線) was like three people deep waiting for trains that weren't due for a while!

First I will post some pictures from Arashiyama Park. I left school and immediately vacation started on a Friday afternoon. Bus to the Ferry and overnight to Osaka. When I arrived at 8:20am, it was brought to my attention that I could go straight to the northern part of Kyoto, without having to step foot in the main train station... that and it was cheaper also. So, I stuck with my backpack and carried all of my possessions until check in at 7pm that night!

(train was absolutely packed!)
(I came to hike among the coloring trees... and this was gorgeous!)
The hills were alive with the sound of... well, no cliches. It was a live mosaic of reds, greens, yellows, oranges... and rather crisp in the autumn morning also!
Yes, that bridge is occupied by a ton of picture-taking tourists... like me!
I like the contrast against the blue sky
fake waterfall, but pretty nonetheless

a bit brighter
It was like taking pictures of fire... except that the sound was that of wind rustling through leaves
one of the coolest trees I've ever seen

No comments: