Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-12-16

Still day one, from Kyoto, but at night

This is actually from night of day one... Kiyomizudera (清水寺) under Night Illumination. there were SO many people. And my old camera had a hard time taking night shots. But I tried, enjoy. Reut, I still haven't give you that shout out... it will be soon!

Crowds lined the street forever... traffic was a disaster and so was the standard Japanese organizational scheme. But new organizational methods specifically tailored for this situation were found and they actually managed to control the masses!
Some colorful momiji (もみじ) with bright lights shining from below

A famous structure at this temple complex

Kyoto skyline... that is Kyoto tower to the left and the blue beam on the right was a special spotlight that enhances (or is supposed to enhance) the spectacle which is Naito-Iruminaishon (ナイート イルミネイーション)

I thought this tree looked like a dragon.

The famous temple on the left, raised up rather high... and built with no nails, so it goes. Someone is taking a picture of me taking a picture. What this picture doesn't tell you is that it was PACKED on the picture-taking platform... I was squeezed from every direction- of course this means that I pushed further to get into the madness more. I won't write about the fight I nearly got into with a "tough-guy" who wanted to show the foreigner that he was tough. I just told him in the best SoCal slang I could to, "Stop being a fool, dude." I think that confused him enough to let me escape!

Not upside down... a picture of a reflection pool at the end of the temple stroll. AMAZING. My camera really sucks too because this was gorgeous

No comments: