Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2007-08-17

Short and sweet- Shrines and beers

An all-day meeting: I was in Fukuoka for the second time this week. After workshops and more orientations, I walked the city for an hour and came upon a lovely shrine... yup, stereotypical Japanese garden... but it offered me 30 minutes of peace... raked rocks, quiet plants, gorgeous place... words lose their effect, maybe this picture can help somewhat.
(peace, in garden form)

Then our program set up an after-party at a Beer (Beeru) Garden... on the roof of Fukuoka Building (Biru)... in the heart of the city... cool. I tried different Japanese beers, of which, clearly, Kirin is the best. I want to stop drinking, but I don't know if it will be possible... good thing I was in a fraternity in University... it taught me how to handle lifestyles like this!
(on top of the roof of the Fukuoka Building)

Machines and automatic stuff in Japan is amazing... perfect amount of head on this beer... wow

(Thanks bartender, where do i leave your tip?)

Have a good weekend, I am already a day ahead of you!

Soon,

1 comment:

DRockefeller said...

i think you're turning japanese
i think you're turning japanese
i really think so

i think you're turning japanese
i think you're turning japanese
i really think so