Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-03-23

good day

... i didn't have to use my AK....

Today was the first day of mountain school and I am happy with how it went. Great kids, patience, lots of teachable moments, lots of energy directed in the right way and sunny, wonderful weather. A brisk, frosty morning that inspired me to walk to the learning center. observing a TON of birds and then again with other instructors as we waited for the students to arrive. I feel pretty good right now.

I am on the latter half of the process with the raccoon and await some oil to finish the pelt. the otter still puzzles me... how on earth am i going to finish fleshing it, how long will it take and it the skin going bad? I swear there was something funky about it... and I'd feel bad if I waste the pelt. I just don't know if I should keep going. I suppose when the raccoon is done, I will be able to focus on the otter once and for all... and then give it my all until I finish or determine that it is FUBAR. I salted it again today after soaking it a couple of times... I wonder if doing this is really bad... I have a feeling it is, but I'll just have to wait until I have the time to devote to doing it right.

I feel pretty good right now. still recovering from my march-seasonal upsetness... but being outside a lot seems to be a good method of helping me cope. And the students are gems this week too...

And I watched the Lakers last night.... first time in a very long time... and to win against the Suns in Triple OT... that wasn't what I expected. Shoulda ended the game earlier, but it was fun to watch.

My thoughts go out to those who are suffering in Japan... may you soon be comforted.

No comments: