Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2007-06-28

Longest week ever

So, it has been a week since I last wrote, no?

I have to not let that happen too often. Otherwise you will get bored and stop reading.

The next day I left on a college road trip with my brother Jake... we went up to LA where we stayed on the West side with my old roommate, Dzuy.... from FRESHMAN year.... it was cool because Jake heard about some of the things he may experience at school... he still has his whole senior year ahead of him plus an insane water polo season upcoming, but its good to do some research about unversities while there are resources. And the next morning, we drove to downtown LA so I could pass my passport off to the Japanese consulate... this is actually going to happen.

From there we headed up to Venti, Santa Barbara and Goleta (UCSB) before arriving at Gaviota State Beach where we were to spend the night... when we reserved it I remember laughing at description about strong winds... well, they were strong alright... AND i somehow forgot the tent (rather typical actually), so we both slept in the car... Toyota Camry, this is a plug for you!

Next day, up to San Luis Obispo... i had never been there so it was refreshing to explore a new town... pretty mellow and peaceful place... Jake loved it and I wondered why i spent 4 years in the City of Angeles when SLO was there the whole time...

We drove back down the coast and through Venice Beach before getting back late that Saturday night... I still managed to meet Wayne in Oceanside for dinner at the best Denny's on the west coast (quality-wise). Next day sent me back to LA to see: Barry (CONGRATS!) for our usual experience of walking, talking and eating; Cara to say, "Hello, dear how are you," in my obnoxious pseudo-english accent, to pass around maps and guide books of Zion Canyon and South America for current and future travel plans; and Schechteezy... up till 4am discussing gear and our upcoming trip... "sometimes you just gotta call them the stiffs they are."

Back to Irvine for another wonderful day in Paradise... getting ready for this prep-backpacking weekend. Actually, I spent most of the day with Laura (my new friend from the plane ride back from Santiago) in Huntington and Newport beaches. Off to San Diego the next day... beach at La Jolla shores with Wayne, checking up on young MC, XAVIER RUDD concert- who, by the way, is an amazing human being and musician. The guy exemplifies peace and beauty through music and smiling... you'll have to see him- i suggest from the very front and center at the House of Blues nearest you. Wonderful time passed the following afternoon with the grandparents and soccer (or futbol) with Wayne and Gary... I dont remember what happened, just that it was awesome to run around and that i have painful strawberries from sliding (when I was even told not to!) Upwards and onwards and northwards to San Clemente to a lovely dinner party at Bonnie's... great to take maté with Blake and to make some new friends and see some old ones. And somehow I got to sleep last night at a reasonable time.

My average is 5 hours a night over the past week... this includes a night of three hours too... it has been insane, i am on the verge of collapse and yet I have never felt better. Life is too short to waste a second. But every second that passes is not that important. What am I trying to say? That I am not necessary efficient with my time, but that there is so much beauty to share and be a part of, so I am moving and moving and moving.... addicted to traveling- even here at home- to experience as much life as I can. But life is so unimportant that none of this madness matters anyhow....

The point: _______

Exactly,

next post, soon.......

No comments: