Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-06-09

Ganbatte Lakers!

This is my 100th post.
I have been in Japan for over ten months.
I was sitting in Jamie's apartment discussing our workshop for tomorrow.
We laughed about her comfy fuzzy carpet.
Then then carpet started tickling the inside of my leg.
Then a milipede (read: poisonous "Mukare") crawled out of my pants.
Awkward? In hindsight I can't believe how calm both of us were.
Demo, Bikkuri shita!!!!!

On Sunday, I went to the zoo with Carole. I really like animals, but I really hate seeing them in captivity. I'd rather see them in a book than pacing around in cages. Period. But it was cool to see the lion so close.

A couple of weeks ago (in the heart of the traveling madness that was May) I had a day in Kyoto with Robyn. Then I had an overnight at Rengejoin temple in Koya-san. It was a good experience. Lots of Buddhist study that weekend.

(This was a path, towards enlightenment?)
(The rock garden at Rengejoin... tranquil)
(That's me, still 30 feet in front of the Daimon- 大門 -gate at Koya-san  高野山。It is a big gate to welcome you to the home of Shingon- Japanese- esoteric Buddhism)
(When the Shinkansen ends in Hakata, it actually starts to party!)
(Albert Einstein stood in the middle of this bell at Chuoinin. They rang it and he was fine because he stood in the dead center!)
(I almost got hit by a bus trying to take this picture... the center of the Heian Shrine gate is best seen from the middle of the road!)
(The white panther inside the Heian Shrine... one of the four animals and colors to symbolize lots of stuff.)
(Yes, Welcome.)
(The temple's garden and my room is across the way on the second floor... a nice place to rest for a night.)

(Some flowers near Tenryuji in Kyoto. I just wanted to see the temple, but wandered and hiked instead... oops)
(My hike took me behind Tenryuji and even further behind Arashiyama Koen...)
(But I did get a picture of Tenryuji despite not getting one when I went in September!)
(The front gate to Chuoinin in Kyoto)

No comments: