Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-06-28

Peter Pan Syndrome

Here I am:



So, it was brought to my attention and this is my syndrome.

I fly all over the place. I fall in love with every Tinkerbell that glitters past me and calls me out for being an idiot. I am a kid for life and never grow up. I have been trying, but it doesn't feel right. I,I I,.... enough of that fucking label, "I".

After ten months, a most challenging week was had at school. A student performed the dreaded "kancho" which is normally ignored. This time, however, my thumb got caught and cut under a table when i flinched. Boy was I angry, such emotion that came out; It surprised me that any student could actually look at me the next day without pure fear after watching me get so angry in the lunch room. My classes actually all went well... or at least it felt that way. There is no way to know.
The short of it is that kids are amazing. They are flexible and fun. They are sensitive and absorbing and learning. They are smart and forgiving for blunders and actions. They are the most amazing humans on the planet. If only we adults would learn from their simpleness and honesty...
In summary... maybe being Peter Pan isn't so bad. I may never have a normal life, the one that includes a family and children of my own. The one that has a stable financial situation and more than is needed to sustain itself. But maybe I can return to the roots of simpleness and happiness, where I am learning in every second and forgiving when humans lash out in emotion.

1 comment:

Traveling Wayne said...

i had to google/you tube Kancho online and I am semi confused...is this like a nugget war or more like a wedgie? Is this some sort of right of passage or more of a prank?

Do explain...