Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-06-04

Go with it

(The store on the right has a brother store nearby, guess the name)

Been so many random, funny things lately. Even more arbitrary and irritating downers. And the response... "Is that so?" By not getting involved in the drama that I have been lured to for years, I have pushed through... and pressed on.

Again, in this rapid movement, while time, the life river, flows, I too have been drifting along: Actively paddling downstream, pushing to get down there. Have I taken time recently to appreciate the canyon walls carved by the mighty river? Have I stopped for a beer on the side of the sandbar to soak up the weather and just sit? Is it important to stop every once in a while to see one's progress? Does the progress even matter and is "stopping" just another form of "going" anyways?

Happy birthday to Gary, we celebrated with Mexican food here in Kurume. It was sporadic, neither one of us planned it, but we fell into it... and went with it. And shared a beer on a sandbar that resembled El Sol restaurant. And we discussed a lot and shared some laughs... I don't know why I wrote about this; perhaps due to the frame of mind that we created, one of freedom and honesty... and continuation of the momentary life- as freeing as it is imprisoning. All depends on how one perceives it. Without any perception at all, it is still enjoyable, however.

(Getting ready for the big games!)


Last weekend I went to the Awaji Soccer Tourney with the boys again. We played VERY well and remained the number one seeded team until the final shot of the penalty shootout after double overtime in the final game...
(Looking just sooo good)


(Atsushi held it down as the sweeper!)

Though we werent stoked to come in second, I don't think anyone had a bad time. I could dwell about my role in the final and in the tournament in general, but I had fun and remained injury free... and is first place that important? Not when just being there won us first place. We all made it, safely, minus a couple of bruises and cuts and Kouji's gnarley-looking shins! And had fun and played damn good football, considering we play together two-four times a year. Well done FGU!

(A solid weekend. A great team!)

Typical "Strich-luck" (or maybe just my luck): The Lakers are in the finals and they look damn good. All of the games are held at 9:30am local time, the next day of course. But Thursday, Tuesdays and Sundays in the States mean Friday, Wednesday and Monday here ... so I can't even watch ONE in real time! DAMMIT! They couldn't have scheduled one for 9:30am on a Saturday or Sunday for me... its a damn tease. If the Lakers become in a position to win, however, then I am considering taking my last day off so I can watch the game!

No comments: