Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-06-11

Have to get this down

for a good laugh... read on.

I got the memo... rainy season started today. Fortunately, I got it on time. I will be relegated to a raincoat (forever damp) and my boardshorts when going anywhere. I might as well embrace the weather because there is no way around it... considering that my car is a bicycle.

I picked a bunch of basil from my garden (albeit tiny). I thought it would be a great idea to make pesto. I got the recipe and went out in the rain (read: downpour) to get the ingredients that I was lacking. Pine nuts and garlic. I almost always have niniku (garlic) around, so this was strange.

Somehow I came back, after three grocers and I have walnuts and no garlic. To top it off I now have grapes, croissants, orange juice, AA batteries, prepared sweet and sour chicken, and canned iced coffee that I don't remember buying. So much for saving money, like I promised myself I would do today.

(cue: LAUGH again!)

As I typed that last sentence, Praju called to tell me she has garlic that I can have. Maybe the pesto will work out after all... keep them fingers crossed, ne?

Ha.

1 comment:

Traveling Wayne said...

spot on...precise word choice, vivid imagery and just a joy to read and follow - i was present today and thank you for helping to bring me back in when the noise around me took me away