Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-06-14

a long week

it was a long week that never ended... many weekend day-trips that flowed into school weeks. I dont think I had relaxed since Thailand タイ... and eventually I fell asleep at elementary school 小学校 during lunch time. It was a short 15-min nap, but a sign that I was running out of steam 汽. Genki 元気三年生third graders usually fire me up, but this time they wore me completely out. Maybe I am checked out a little bit too, because this job is winding down and a new job begins in a little over a month...

At any rate, I did nothing this weekend. It was a clear calendar sort of weekend that got filled up, but with low-energy activity. I was present in each moment, but the ability to rest weaved its way into a large portion of the time I enjoyed.

Met some teachers for Yakitori 焼き鳥on Fri night金曜日夜. Greg introduced me to Djembe on Sat and we made noise in a park. Hitomi and I went to Waka 和華 and saw the fireflies ホタルin Joyo 上陽町machi that nite. Da solo, I went to Pisolino for Tabehodai (all-you-can-eat) Italian goodness today. And that about sums it up. I am rather stuffed.

Here are two pictures of a garden 畑 that was created two weekends ago. Steve, from who I will take the reigns as Prefectural Advisor, and I took Yamato's seedlings/plants, structured some rows and organized an amazing plot of space. I hope that it will take form in the next month and a half, as I will then be able to take care of it a little bit more (after I move in, over there!)

(Steve and I pose next to the Daizu 大豆- edamame 枝豆plants, Foreground: lots of pretty flowers that Steve arranged [tulips, cosmos, others]

(Yeah I'm rocking an Angels hat. Reverse angle of the garden... Foreground: veggies like Daizu, green beans and onions玉ねぎ)

No comments: