Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-06-15

Shame I didnt get a chance to watch it...

I had to give an introduction speech for my new job today, in front of over a 100 people. And, as I was handing the mike back to the MC, I pulled it back and asked... "Anyone got an update on the Laker game? how'd we do?" I got some grumbles and then heard something like "... -86" I reckoned they did it. I did a fist pump and then took my seat again.

Formalities aside... Nice Lakers... I am so happy for them and with my association with that team... its hard to describe, but watching your team win can really be a personal thing sometimes... for me it was yet another reconciliation of a truth that I had been waiting to see. Nice work guys! Playing basketball as a TEAM!

1 comment:

toshi said...

i personally thought it was a cool thing to do, man. shows the human, real-person side of you that many don't see in a person when they step up to a podium. and hey, sometimes you just gotta know, right? (: