Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-07-15

Day 1 in Solitary Confinement

I woke up late and spoke to the Gestapo in the morning. They said to stay put and they'd tell me more later. So, I took the opportunity to understand my cell. You know, look around, see if there were any marks of those who had been here before me. Learn the corners and feel the walls. They gave me some windows, so I managed to look outside from time to time, but a rain storm came and forced me to close all of the windows because water was pouring in. It soaked my bedding, so I reckon I'll have to sleep on the floor. Jail is not so bad, but I have to get used to the forced loneliness.

I got some visitors and we spoke though a computerized machine. I saw some friendly faces and heard a couple of familiar voices, but it is not the same as the human contact that I am so used to. I was even given Internet access (because I am a special guest?) so I could chat with other prisoners during the day- the privileged ones of course. One of the guards took a bribe and allowed a friend to leave a present outside the door. In the package I found a box of OJ, some sushi and other fried goodness. I hope that when I bite into the potato croquet I find some tool like a file- I hope to spend the time chiseling away at the concrete walls. Maybe a small rock pick-- and get out through the sewer system, like he does in Shawshank Redemption. Though he wasn't in solitary. Then again, no one is sodomizing or raping me. Perhaps with some hard work, maybe I can find an escape from this cell.

I was told that I can't join the party that was 50% planned for me. I can't return to the places I love because I am a danger. So I was told. I think I am OK, but the Gestapo has set the boundaries... in solitary... my cell is clearly affected by the blazing humid, heat... but Internet use is OK. Psychological control over the prisoner... I think this is an important way to ensure that I don't escape despite my likeliness to do so. The Gestapo is pretty clever.

Lots of time to think and pace the cell, so maybe I'll come up with a workout regiment that I can do... and maybe I'll see if I can barter with the guards...

Day 1. Not over, but this post is. hehehee.
----
A creative approach, don't you think? Any feedback?
----

1 comment:

愛子 said...

i heard you were walking the yard this afternoon!!!!!