Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2007-05-25

Mauw-tch Who?

Picchu...

Not your typical a call-and-response, like Marco---Polo. Machupicchu, reminants of the Incan empire, consumed my past two days.

What an incredible experience; especially because I tried to speak Quechua- the native tongue of the Incans and their ancestors (thanks for the idea, Gordo!)

Enjoy the photo, it says more than I can. I am just happy to post it, after a friendly lady wiped out a quarter of my pictures. She was really nice, but I think I'll rock my own picture uploading/copying from now on.

After "losing" 1/4 of my memories, in the form of digital images, I was able to reflect and be happy that I am still in good health (despite the usual traveler flea and mosquito bites). The food continues to be of a fantastic quality at a price that doesn't make sense. Like my three course dinner last night for 4 Nuevo soles... yeah, $1.40. And I laughed because I overheard another tourist synonymously use the word "memories" for "photos" Fortunately, even with the loss of pictures, I SAW the sites and EXPERIENCED being there...

They are trying to encourage people to vote for Machu Picchu as one of the "new seven wonders of the world." I don't know anything about the implications of this vote, but the place is impressionante to say the least... the location, the beauty, the energy. I particularly liked the lawn, grass kept perfectly green by the quasi-rainforest climate.

I'll use this opportunity to quote myself, "Words just get in the way of what I am trying to say."

Kutimunaykama (soon)

No comments: