Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2007-09-13

Danger at school

i will be going away for some three-day weekends... so i will be kinda MIA... for the next month or so... but here is a thought i had at lunch today:

It is so dangerous for kids here in Japan. It is a game that really should be banned. They play it, but I saw a girl with that gash over her eye. Not a small flood of red falling from her brow, either. And the dude who couldn't even walk... his ankle was pretty badly sprained. The matching black eyes on the two older guys and the multitude of bandages taken to the first-year students... on elbows, and knees. There was even the guy with the crutches... they ought to stop this, but it seems as if it is actually celebrated and encouraged. I really feel like an outsider now. I am on the fringes of understanding this. But I never thought group jump rope was so dangerous! No kidding!

Have a good weekend, I will attempt to play soccer without hurting myself any more than I already did in the training process (sore muscles... and really out of shape). Good luck!

celebrated Rosh Hashana at school by offering apples to dip in honey to the teachers... and the vice-principal even explained it for me in Japanese... they were a hit. Sweet (yeah, to say the least, "amai" in Japanese)

l'shana tova,
mata-nei,

1 comment:

vinbiezel said...

heh, nice build-up on the group jumprope paragraph... you had me wondering till the end what the hell these kids for doing.

cool that you're sharing your culture with your school already... im not really sure i have much culture to share so im just doing whatever, heh. maybe doing whatever is my culture.