Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-01-08

Bestworst? vacation ever- Hokkaidou pictures (part 2, in essence)

BEGIN, part 2...
(Me, bearded, hooded, at Furano resort)
(Denis, Tatsu-san and our guide, Nobi-san hiking up the ridge near Tokachidake volcano, in Daisetsuzan National Park)
(view from the top of Kamui Ski Links resort as the storm clears- fresh pow that day)
(Ashitsubo-no-yu: footbath of longevity and health-Jozankei area, outside of Sapporo)
(Me in that very footbath, clean-shaved after a month)





(Bridge at Jozankei Hot Spring area)
(Ringing the bell at Chuo-ji [Temple] in Sapporo [city] for joya-no kane [New Year's celebration] to wash away all of our sins)
(train ride from Sapporo to Niseko)
(I hiked to the top of Mt. Annupuri, south peak during a wild windy morning. I don’t know this guy, but we were stoked to be up there! Made this hike twice and to the main peak twice. In doing so I was able to make fresh tracks in four distinct faces/bowls)


(Yotei-san, volcano, from Niseko Grand Hirafu resort)



(Yotei-san from the southeast, Mt. Annupuri is to its left)
(Lake Toya [Toya-ko] home of the July G8 summit, beyond that is the Pacific Ocean; taken from Rusutsu's Isola-san)(The steaming vent on the left side is a newly forming volcano called Showa Shin-zan, taken from Rusutsu's East Mountain)
(Yotei-san and Rusutsu resort’s west Mtn)
(me in the trees, and the fresh powder that awaits me… it was knee-deep. Yes, it was!)

(That was clear when I arrive to Niseko. I think it snowed every day [hour] while I was there.)

You can safely guess the English song that I was teaching students before the break... Bing Crosby... "Let It Snow"

No comments: