Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-01-28

Logged two more days

Another resort, two more days on the hill. A couple of HUGE jumps and the first box of the season! Gokase ski hill in Miyazaki-ken. One run... sometimes there are two, but there isn't snow on the second one. There are three chairlifts, but one is from the parking lot to the ski area... so there are two. Managed to not get killed despite my (and others') weaving through so many people. And it got a bit repetitive, needless to say. But, with the Kurume Champion ski club, it was good practice. And three club members finished in the top 14 of a 60-person competition, we even took first place! Well done, team!

We we further south, but higher up. This is a view to the north... I think that is Aso-san.
It felt like Big Bear but WAY smaller. It was damn cold on day one, also. We hit the road at 5am and the slopes at 8:00am that day... it was rough.


That is Taka-dake, the peak I climbed with Eric back in November. The shorter, jagged one to the right is called Neko-dake... that's for next spring!

Six members of Kurume Champion. We will be heading to Dai-sen in a couple of weeks. See you there?

I think this sticker meant to say, "hard" instead of 'hand.' The grammar might be off, but the message is clear to me. Snowboarding to bring peace to the earth... I wish I had met the owner of the board!

Despite being super cold, the sun came out on day two and I lost the jacket to enjoy the spring skiing conditions, in the middle of January! Then I got back to my ice-box (apartment) and remembered it was winter...

I have updated my blog a lot, recently. I hadn't thought about it, but I guess I have had a lot to say. There may be more... Until then, I will say that mountains in Japan are gorges.

Soon...

No comments: