Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-09-22

change of diet

Moved into my new place. (Still have to write about the summer and Japan). Thus, very backlogged, I am going to keep up with the present and keep chipping away at the past (including a paper that was due 6 weeks ago... ahhh!). Today I ate a ton of veggies and fruits. Salad of fresh greens from a local garden of a neighbor, stuff from a local farm. Chard, Lettuce, carrots, beets, spinach. Pluots (yellow and purple- they were so good) which are a mix between a plum and heaven! Actually I have no idea. Donut peaches were last week and I also had a pear. I am going to swipe a couple of apples from another neighbor's tree... they are letting them all fall to the ground, so I am just trying to prevent the waste. Tomatoes (in the salads) and potatoes (french fries with some Yakushima salt!) and blackberries in the form of a cobbler! Onions in the eggs this morning- which I will implore a neighbor with 30 chickens in his yard to see if he has extras.

Lots of veggies and fruits. I need some more carbs... and well, the meat I am working on eating less. I'm aiming to cook only birds and fish, leaving the four-legged ones alone. That is not to say I will stop eating flesh from those creatures. I just won't cook it for myself or order it at restaurants (but shredded beef tacos are so good--- of course, there are exceptions!) More fresh goodness in my life... we'll see if this can keep up through the winter or how much it will change. Local and fresh produce and fruits will take center stage with smaller portions of meat. And load the carbs too- it's gonna be a cold winter!

No comments: