Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-09-27

early morning

Tuesday is rough. Gotta catch up on reading for today's class. Yoga at 9 and then class at 10. Today is the first meeting of an evening class that I registered for. We'll see if I should even be in it...

This blog is helping me with my thoughts and expressions. Yesterday I articulately and comically expressed myself in class. I am happy with what I said and the conversation it spurred.

Prior to that, I received a call about how my attempt to excuse myself from classes on Thursday was an "inexcusable" absence. A little bit shocked, I spoke without anger but with eloquence something along the lines of "disappointed with the University's lack of recognition for cultural diversity..."

I felt bad unleashing my verbal venom on the woman who had tried to help me only an hour earlier. So, after class I went to her to apologize for my curtness towards her. However, she reassured me that I was indeed, in the right. We worked out the steps I need to take (there has to be a paperwork trail) to get the absence excused and I will be able to make up my 1-credit yoga class after all. She was very nice and helpful and I am glad that it all worked out.

It's not that REALLY care, but I don't want to have an "unsatisfactory" grade because I missed class. On a bigger scale, frankly, missing class for a Jewish holiday in this day and age in the United States should be recognized as excused. I guess that is a difference with what I am used to from my days at UCLA. There, the school shuts down as there are (at least, used to be) so many Jews in the establishment- teaching and taking classes. Here, I may be in the company of rather few...

Nick came over yesterday afternoon and jammed on my piano in between bouts of reading. We made dinner in the form of burritos and he disappeared into the night after 11 with his black coat and black bowler hat hiding a John Muir-esque facade of red beard and mountain man hair. Good conversation and it was nice to relax with a friend.

Anyways, blogging in the morning has cleared my head and let me tell a story so far. No "valued" outcome results from it, but peace of mind is worth the "price" of time "spent."

No comments: