Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-09-23

Ok, I'll try this

So, an article that Wayne sent me said to write everyday. Even a paragraph. That way I can learn to write like I speak. And someone the other day told me that I tell decent stories. I always think that people lose interest in my stories. I guess it's because I remember the details, get sidetracked and try to add a lot of background. In this day and age, folks want it fast and if they are into taking their time, they will read! So, I should practice writing like I speak and those who have the patience and gumption to read, will do it. Perhaps they will read not just this blog, but other stories too if I can get around to writing them. The other piece of advice was to write in public (like this blog) just like I would speak in public. OK. Let's try it.

Clint and Alex stayed here for two nights. They found a place to live, so they packed up and headed out this morning. It was nice having visitors even though my place is a mess and I am still working out the kinks of living here. My view is tremendous and very inspirational.

My classes are going to be a lot of work. I have been to three classes (Beginning yoga!, Conservation Psychology and Foundations of Environmental Education.) Today is Language and Discourse (with respect to the environment of course) and I expect to settle into that one also as the professor is taking a more historical approach I think. There is a LOT of writing and reading for me to do. And with abundant tea and incense, I suspect that my humble abode will turn into a sanctuary of learning and peace. That is what I would like.

I'm still interested in finding a sea kayak. I am still interested in training. I am still interested in compiling years worth of notes into some stories from traveling. After all, the individual experiences were nice, but it means a lot more if I can share them. Then I can truly come to grips with the lessons and context of my life. And then, I can throw out my notes finally, after having schlepped them across the Pacific and back already... twice (both south [Chile] and west [Japan] from the West coast)

And let's add a relatively recent picture too! This is White Mountain-Heather (Cassiope mertensiana) atop Trapper's Peak (5966 feet) with Mt. Triumph (7240 feet) looming in the background. Kate and I summitted in August.

No comments: