Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2010-07-06

Pix from my back balcony

I just realized that I have a lot of writing to do. In general. For a year of no blogs, to keep three separate journals for classes. And for time which has passed me by.

At sunset from my back balcony. It is a shared fire escape for four apartments, but someone has chairs out there and the emergency detector has long since been deactivated. I would care, but I spend too much time out there, reading in the sun, checking on my two tomato plants and the lowly basil that I wish could get a grip on the wind that blows through in the afternoon!
Towards Canada, some of the mountains to the north. On a clear day, you can see Mount Doom and into Mordor...

It's quite the drop... I am on the second floor, but the building goes down like four levels and is built on a hill. Nice view of Bellingham Bay though.


Sun setting over Orcas Island, or perhaps the tail of Bellingham that juts out and makes the whole thing a bay. They sort of blur together and my vision is not so sharp... but it sets over land from my vantage point.




The clouds were pervasive until July 5th! But they have disappeared for the time being and we are hoping for days with blue skies and cloudless sunsets!

1 comment:

愛子 said...

GREAT SHOTS!!!

I envy the fact that you can see the ocean!!! The sunset shots are awesome! Especially the one that's ALL red!!!!