Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2010-07-25

More pictures from trips

So, my parents were in Seattle last weekend. And so were my grandparents. And though I had a camera in my pocket the entire time, I took no pictures... thus i will post the ones I have now and then post my dad's select choices at a later time. In the meantime:

the center of the known universe... in Fremont, outside of Seattle. In fact, as soon as this was discovered, the neighbourhood seceded from the city, the state and the United States. I don't know the legal ramifications, but that's what the tourist bureau reports.

The Hiram Chittenden Lock system... lets boats up and down from the Puget Sound, more specifically Shilshole (don't read this too quickly!) Bay and to Lake Washington. It made me sad to see the fish ladders that were installed as "a gateway for wild salmon to get upriver." I don't particularly think they value the "gate" installed just for them... perhaps they'd like to do it more naturally.
Lunch for Teresa, Stephanie, Nick and me when we hiked up to Cedar and Pine Lakes (25-Jul) for a test/day hike.

Said lake... with Nick in an inflatable tube on the left of the picture and Stephanie in a tube on the right. The log in the middle served for hours of entertainment including fencing matches, water and wizard battles, and a mechanic shop for lashing logs for boating opportunities.

No comments: