Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2010-07-10

With Cousin Aaron, July 4th Ferry

This is a picture of the balcony from which I took my recent pictures. That is my "garden" in the background. Two tomato plants flanking a basil. They seemed pretty weak, but I stabilized them with twigs and dental floss to keep them upright. They have taken root and gotten more sun and seem stronger

Picture of my car on the Port Townsend/Keystone Ferry... heading towards Aaron's on a misty cold Sunday (July 4th) morning

A shot of the Olympics from the east. We didn't go to the ice, but it's still there!

Aaron and I pose in front of Marymere Falls

My older cousin looks at the secret falls to which we bushwhacked! No fences up there


Any notes of mention at this point? I am dealing with culture shock which is very real. My patience level is not as high as when it was before I left Japan. I am leaning on my ego and my anger to get me through some days. It's hard still with the English and American "culture" overload... so I retreat into a hermit and a mean one at that. But I recognize when this happens and then I force myself to face the uncomfortable situations I feel.
For example, many folks around here say hi to me on the street. I am not used to random people bothering me while I am walking, so I find it irritating. However, there is generally no ill will intended to me, as folks are being friendly. So I have to come to terms with being friendly on the streets instead of being able to mind my own business. Small changes. And one at a time. I am confronted often and it is rather unnerving... but it is the way of American life; something I used to be good at doing. Now, I am out of shape and without the motivation to create and work out situations that resolve themselves anyways. So, now its a matter of balancing the action with non-action.

No comments: