Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-07-17

Day 3 in Solitary Confinement

Woke up and took care of business- washed my utensils and tidied up the living quarters. Still haven't showered, maybe they will allow me to do that soon. Perhaps I can bribe the guard tomorrow with some of the American candy that one of my visitors smuggled in. There was no file in the croquettes, but I was happy to have fried goodness in my belly. I managed to pass some notes to other prisoners, as I found a pen wedged into the futon on which I slept. I wrote on some cloth and sent it out into the yard as they waited. Fortunately, the others have the ability to get out of their cells everyday for a little bit. I will get some responses from them I reckon.

I am allowed to leave the cell and go outside it seems. But I am not allowed to make contact too closely with others. I tried to hand off some compost today and I got zapped by a taizer. So, touching is out of the question... but putting down packages and picking them up seems to be fine so long as others are no where near. I am sure that the guards search the packages for paraphernalia but so far I am happy with the juices, foods and goodies I've been gifted.

My quarters are getting arranged. It is hard to organize years worth of prisoners' belongings, but slowly I am managing to separate the vital from the irrelevant. More work over the next day. I heard of a prisoner trip to the beach, but I don't think I have "done" enough time to be allowed out of the general vicinity. The humidity is still killing me, but I stay cool with the random bits of colored sugar ice sticks that are thrown to me. While I was on my alone yard time, the head guard left some ice cream for me... what a treat! I got out for a couple of well-needed hours and I was allowed to cycle around the vicinity (under close watch). The ice cream wasn't melted when I finally got it so that was fortunate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Away from the creative for a second. I have two very direct things to say.

I love my mother. She is so incredible that my words are futile in their attempt to say how wonderful she is.

When one forgets about his true core, it is vital to have a way to be able to see it again. For, it is this true core that is my essence, my being, and it is the "pointer" to the way of my life.

No comments: