Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2009-07-18

Day 4 in Solitary Confinement

Had a slow morning... on three hours sleep. The cage is getting more comfortable so I spent the late hours of the night making it look like I want. Whether or not the things moved around I don;t know, but my mind was going in circles trying to see the cell exactly how it was supposed to be. I was furious with another prisoner and that got me motivated too. The jail's priest gave me a couple minutes to vent my mind and I am not even a Catholic. He helped me see that I can't live in jail if I can't keep a focus on my life. (But the next step, I thought about afterwards) I can't win games with the guards if I am playing their game by their rules. So, I should focus on the games that I enjoy playing... and not trying to be the best at something I don't even like. It's like competitively playing one-on-one basketball with Kobe... I won't win. So, it's better to watch him play at his level; and to play on Wednesday nights with my basketball club.

Due to the heat, there was prisoner Popsicle and pool period in the afternoon. And we did exactly that! Of course, I was separated from the others, but it was so nice to sit back in that small, cool pool... that small plastic ring into which I submerged myself. And my knees got some sun also. I had a 20 minute argument/ negotiation/ discussion/ reconciliation with one of the Japanese guards. She didn't like where I parked my bike and I gave her a piece of mind about the placement of the guard vehicles also. We figured it out, but it was an intense showdown of East and West... almost like Bloods and Crips.

On so little sleep I am surprised to have made it this far. Maybe I am beginning to lose it. No, I must have it together... I mean I am still writing about being here... Rumor has it that there are only two more days left on my sentence, which, is, if you will recall, being in the wrong place at the wrong time and subjected to the last worldwide pandemic with a squeamishly high risk of coughing and premature pink-tail-sprouting-syndrome. It's an interesting life, the pariah life...

Boo.

No comments: