Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2008-07-10

The best feeling, simple one

I have been reading Tim Jensen's translations of Aida Mitsuo. And it isn't good or bad. But I read it.

He writes:

"I want to be alone,
But being alone is so lonely."

so true.

Those mashed potatoes are delish
Great night of basketball
No computer for two days
Dishes are clean, compost is composting
Conserving energy
Enjoying the heat, outdoors everyday.
Soccer with the chicos.
Tan from riding my bike everyday.
Touched my toes for the first time while stretching- yes, in my entire life.
I can't do everything, but I can do what I can do.
Swam in the school pool on the roof of the fourth floor. At 10am and I felt like I was on vacation swimming laps and playing tag with the students. It was unreal, really! ha
I have sugar in my chest hair because I wiped my hand off there instead of using a dish towel.
Another week of work done (one more strong day tomorrow!). One more week to go! The Japanese school year is sooo long.
Feeling like I live here even though I still get stared at everyday.
I get stared at, perhaps because I am staring!
Up every morning super early because the sunlight is amazing.
Guns N' roses remind me that I, "just need a little Patience."
The basil and tomatoes are dying because of strong sunlight in the afternoon.
I dream about the next place in the world where I may end up.
I stare at the soccer trophy from the best second place title, ever!
Future and Past make me smile, but no attachment to the outcomes.

Again please, Mr. Aida:

"
Here
Now
Myself
The sum of these parts
Equals my life
"

Other thoughts dissipate... I had one more thought, but it has alluded me since I thought about it on the train this morning.---> no, wait!

AND.... the only reason I wanted to write this blog in the first place was because of the laugh I got at the shoe store. I thought maybe, by chance, there would be a pair of shoes for me... I tried to find the white Adidas SuperStars that I love to wear. But I got some strange laughs when I asked for 29.5 size... (US 11.5) - they didn't carry anything in that size at all!

I was dejected and feeling rather clown-like when I glanced at the discount rack. The sizes were clearly labeled. Beggars can't be choosers, it is said. I am not a beggar, but I definitely didn't have a lot of choices... so I shopped by size, instead of by style. That was a first. Just looking for anything my size that could suffice as indoor shoes at school. found some nice green VANS, and they were discounted because they couldn't get rid of them, they were too big for other customers! A bargain at 2995 yen... until i get to the register and I receive another discount... 1995-yen! Saved me some money and got some comfy, right-sized shoes even in JAPAN... Moral of the story: Shopping by size is easier and less hassle that shopping for style! (even if they are seemingly ugly at first...)

No comments: