Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2012-06-12

June 10, 2012: Jake's Graduation

Well, I have not posted in two... no wait, almost three months! Wow. Time really flies when you are busy/ having fun/ moving & traveling around/ rediscovering the past. Therefore, as I have neglected this blog, I will attempt to catch it back up over the next couple of weeks so that I can accurately share my experiences with any interested readers.

So... I'll start backwards (which is super hard for me to do as a detail-oriented historian!)
My (baby) brother Jake graduates from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo!
This is the big ceremony at the stadium. Schools of Business (left), Architecture (center), and Engineering (right)... they were still filling in the seats when I took this picture. I guess the day before was for the Arts and Sciences. It was a packed house and boy did it get HOT! But we had the sun to our backs and only my neck burned... and not that badly I think.
At the departmental ceremony, Jake walked right to the front of the line and was called third after the two "most recognized" students. In his words he was, "just standing there and everyone just lined up behind me." Why does that not surprise me?!
 Jake's name being called as he waits for a congratulatory handshake.
Here is that handshake... such a handsome man!
SURPRISE! Lo and behold, Jake is wearing nothing but his Speedo swimsuit underneath his gown! Other accounting majors had suits or shirts and ties... however, my brother outdid them and me with his choice of clothing (or lack thereof).
Congrats bro! You did it! Welcome to the Big World!

No comments: