Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-10-06

animal dreams

So, I woke up after a second dream in which an animal was approaching me with the desire to attack. In the first dream it was a pair of wolves in the snow. The second one was a mountain lion in suburbia.


I woke up after both. The first one occurred at 5:37am and the second one was around 6:13am. Maybe it was time for me to get up and my unconscious was telling me that I had slept enough. After the first one I was woke up to feeling rather rested, so I pondered it for a minute before allowing the darkness to overwhelm me once again.


My alarm went off after the second one anyways so I used that excuse to get up.


Why animals? I will have to search through Jung to come up with some leads on that. I have never been approached by (wild) animals in dreams. Two predators. One hunts in packs (except for those lone wolves) and the other is a solitary stalker. One is a canine, the other feline. I'll have to ruminate on this a little bit.

----------
in the P.M. before reading one more article for tomorrow's class.

I did a small internet search. There was discussion of "You should use your will power" and "you need to release some aggression." I don't know. I forgot what I read this morning and this evening's search is not something I have patience to explore. My schoolwork is more important at this point. Thus, I will leave it at this. I lived today like it would be my last day ever... like if I were attacked by an animal then I would have been satisfied with my actions and attitude today.

Basketball in the morning was nice followed by Yoga which has been putting me in a great mood. Every Tuesday and Thursday I feel elated. My body feels healthier (except when I douse it with loads of cheese) and freer- to move and to breathe and to be. That puts me in a good mood and then my tasks are enjoyable and fun. And morning workouts are the way to go because there aren't a lot of people in the gym, freedom to use any area without feeling rushed or scrunched.

Got some work done after class and feel good about future appointments with professors to discuss my projects and ideas for the term. Had a nice tea with CeCe at her and Kate's place on the other side of town. Got lots of fresh food for the upcoming week and even saw a Merlin, Falco columbarius, on the way home from the library late in the evening. It was cool because as it flew from tree to tree while I was stalking it (visibly!) I had a chance to observe its behavior and flying habits. (I think it is a Merlin and not a sharp-shinned hawk. It was eyeing a neighbor's yard that is full of chickens, turkeys and other birds!

Then it flew into a tree near a house and as I turned the corner, I saw a Calico house cat stalking on the roof toward the bird! It was a wild situation and it happened 3 minutes walk from my house! I am still involved in nature so long as I open my eyes and look at it! A great feeling for me because I felt overwhelmed last night... stemming from feeling detached from nature. This plugged me right back in!

Reading on through the evening and had a nice dinner- salmon pasta with slices of Parmesan and a basil/tomato salad (no more cheese left!). It was perfect; I loaded up on more veggies by sauteing spinach again... ohh, and FRUIT- I got some more of those delicious pluots! Yum. Gotta read a bit more in order to head to bed at a reasonable hour. Apollo 13 in the morning and maybe a trip to REI before class to get this cool beanie that I didn't buy today (yes, I went there to look for kayak stuff.)

Tomorrow night is Kol Nidrei- chances are I won't write tomorrow or on Shabbat (Yom Kippur). Time to finish a week of reflection. I think I am on the right track. Trying to be conscious of my words- focusing on the truth and being a good person. I make mistakes too, but I recognize them and try to correct them. One day at a time. One action at a time. One moment at a time.

If I have done anything in the past year (or more) to upset you, I am sorry. I think I wrote this in a previous post, but I want to make sure that I say it again. I ask for your forgiveness and will do good this year.

L'Shana Tova :)

No comments: