Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-10-09

reading and living

Just read The Road by Cormac McCarthy and it was interesting. The writing style was unique, he didn't use apostrophes in any of his contractions. All of the language was morose and any glimmer of hope was quickly flipped. An example was that all the containers were half-empty, as opposed to half-full. I think the word "ash" was used hundreds of times. It was an interesting tale. I'm not sure what else to write about it. I am happy to have read it. Thanks Jake for giving it to me such a long time ago.
------------

I can't write right now. Laundry-lists of things done... that is what I have been writing. That is not a way to go about things.That is what my planner is for- to plan for and to keep track of things done. This needs to change to more creative measures I hope. I need a little inspiration besides hard work and accomplishing tasks.

No comments: