Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-10-03

overcast day and moderately windy

It was dark when I woke up at 6:17 this morning. I thought that I ought to sleep later, but that would have been counter-intuitive. I had to get up. I had to force myself out of bed. That is a goal of mine- to get out and live- regardless of weather, light or trains blaring horns at 3:30am.

An early gym workout was a great idea too. I had it lined up for my make-up yoga class. Got in some good stretching and blood flow and then changed for yoga. Except, I arrived and was told that the class was not where I thought it was! Oy. Fortunately, I figured out where it was, got permission to change it to the 10am class and then enjoyed learning about Warrior 1. Things always work out if we let them.

Met Nick at the gym on the way home- I wanted to get in some pull ups and push ups before lunch. The short is that we came back to my place and he played the piano (wonderfully!) I had a cup of tea with him, and then another one with Teresa who stopped by to get Nick. And then with Kate who came over to go through some homework. Now it's late in the day and I am full of liquid and still have the second half of Richard Louv's, The Nature Principle to read!

I am looking into the kayaking materials I need now. A skirt and a paddle. Oh, and a set of wheels to get it up and down the hill!

Last night I had a delightful dinner with Clint and Alexandra. I brought over a Caprese salad (using the last of my materials) and we enjoyed Romanian soup (stew) and toasted baguettes with melted brie, roasted garlic butter and sliced prosciutto. It was just perfect. Really. Then we had at it in Scrabble (I pour out some of my 40 for Wendy-chan)... and I had to settle their previous-night's Scrabble-squabble by taking the game by 35 points. "Q-U-I-Z," with "Q" on the double-letter score did me real good!

I have a bunch of paper to read and write this quarter. So much for that personal time I was hoping for! One day at a time... and everyday I can make time for me and for work. I need to remember this lesson. And the balance is dynamic... go with the flow.

No comments: