Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-10-16

still pain

My back still hurts. Ow. I sat and read all morning and then wrote a paper till the mid afternoon. Boy was my back frozen in place. I am on the Ibuprofen train and plan to keep that constant in my life until the tenderness subsides somewhat. Went to the gym and straight to the jacuzzi. That might be a good remedy too and slowly stretching it out. Yoga tomorrow morning is the plan too.

I was sad today because it would was the PERFECT day for kayaking. Sunny, no wind all day. Clear. Alas, I sat docked. Such is life. Gotta take care of myself and it's a humbling reminder that I can't always do what I want. I have to slow down sometimes. Grrrr.

So, I embarked on the tomato sauce adventure. Borrowing a CAULDRON from Kate, I put in all the required ingredients. I think it's 22 lbs (pounds) of tomatoes, 2.5 lbs of onions, 4 head of garlic, a head of celery, six large carrots, two bunches of fresh basil, six bay leaves (laurel) which I took out after not too long, small amounts of salt and pepper- though this was wasteful because it isn't needed until the VERY end, and a lot of washing to do!

Now for the grandest experiment of all... turn it to low/simmer and go to bed. Expecting the water to slowly evaporate and not burning while I sleep. I'll get up early and check on it too. Fortunately, the smoke detector is just outside the kitchen and it will let me know if there are any major problems!

No comments: