Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-10-20

better but not?

Back is feeling better. Jacuzzi, yoga, repeat. I have to take it easy and focus on each movement. Conscious behavior is the only way to health.

I have a canker sore developing... does that mean I am getting sick? I noticed it yesterday and perhaps some recent cold weather has encouraged this. And not sleeping as well as I should be...? A toast to health... I would like it to last for a while.

Tomorrow is another strong end to the week. A long day of errands, class and a speaker I'd like to see. Then packing up and shipping off to the desert for a week with the gang.Looking forward to another great national parks tour and gonna try a bunch of stuff I learned this year!

Today was another strong day. Up at 5:15 out of bed at 5:30. I could use more sleep, but I was ready to go. A couple of small naps this afternoon helped me catch up on the day. Funny note about napping recently. I have been crashing really hard after lunch. I'm sure it has to do with my body lacking resources from a small breakfast and workout before class. I need to eat a little more in the morning so that I can sustain through the long Tuesday and Thursday morning blocks I have scheduled for myself.

In the dehydrator currently: carrots and turnips. I have never eaten turnips before... so I will make them into chips. I misread the directions and thought it could go overnight. turns out it will be a 2 hours project and I'll have to stay up later than expected. I can move the morning back slightly to accommodate.

My Yoga instructor this morning reminded us about things that hold us back from enjoying the present moment. I visualized the stack(s) of books in my room. And how I wrote yesterday about reading them and so on. Well, one day at a time. It is nothing to worry about. And neither is using all of the food I bought. These are small issues and certainly nothing that should cause stress. The books will get read and the food will get used or composted (hopefully not). I have to slow down, stretch it out and go about my business.

Another thing to read now, but it's for fun!

No comments: