Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-11-06

fun day and all about me

So selfish I was today...

Woke up at 5:15, thinking it was 6:15... yay daylight savings time.

Shaved and cleaned up my apartment, filled up my tank (hopefully for the month) and picked up Clint. Swung by to get CeCe also and we went to Semiahmoo Spit to look at birds. It is a small strip of land in Blaine, WA directly across from the Canadian border. Sure was cold first thing in the morning, but we managed to see lots of cool winged ones: Great Blue Heron, Harlequins, Buffleheads, Grebes, both White-winged and Surf Scoters, Northern Harriers, Black-capped Chickadees, Spotted Towhee, Crested Merganser, Mallards, Pelagic Cormorants, Gulls of all sorts, a Bald Eagle, Ravens, Starlings, two different sparrows, Northern Flickers (and a dead one in my trunk... ahh, I gotta go get that!) and a couple more that I don't remember right now. Wow, we sure did see a bunch, now that I look over that list!

Dropped them off and got ready for a rock climbing class. One of the perks of university is that there are a bunch of cheap classes for students... so I am trying to take what I can! Lead Climbing and Belay was it today. And I was the only one who signed up! So, I had a 2.5 hr private lead climbing lesson (for only $25.) Whooo-weeee, was it scary! And then I had to belay my instructor (who I am sure was ten years younger than me!) I got to set anchors for myself and self-rappel as he looked over my shoulder, but I got it done on my own! I still have some practicing to do in order to make it go smoother, but I managed all the gear properly. Such a great feeling. But it adds another dynamic to my rock climbing activity.

Got to listen to and watch some Steelers/Ravens while making and eating dinner. Fried & breaded rainbow trout, homemade french fries, sauteed Brussels sprouts and rice... and I am a little more full than I ought to be. I want to watch the rest of the game, but I probably should read because I obviously did no school work today. Pretty pumped.

Another note: it would be nice to pick up cute ladies on Friday and Saturday nights. But that is not my style... so I will go about climbing and gyming and reading and working and not worry about the "social" life that bothered me so much over the weekend. Like that Z-trip track, "Just Doin' My Thang."

No comments: