Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-11-30

One for my hommie, the real Eagle

This is for last night!
Inspirational night... getting through my sickness. Almost there. Rather quick recovery... that is a great sign about how healthy I (think I) am.
Nice to speak with Scott about our dreams to transform our homeland into a greener one... albeit still densely populated.
Caught sight of an owl around 10pm and stalked it (though it wasn't fooled at all) as it flew and perched in gloomy conifers.
Thanked and appreciated the woman whose garden inspires me every time I walk by it. She was rather scared (I am rather unkempt and it was late at night) but smiled as she shut the door quickly. Oh well, got that feeling out of my head.
Sleep was good and my project work is done... a small presentation to do today, and I will sort of "wing it." I have some things I'd like to say, but I am by no means an expert... just a curious reader.
Two years ago I applied for this grad program. And here I am. With much more insight and content than I would have ever imagined.
Pete died about three years ago. He would be 29 today. I would be laughing about how the Eagles won't make the playoffs and he would be telling me to fuck off while downplaying the Steelers. It would be nice to talk with him.
May I live in a way today that would make him proud to be my friend.

No comments: