Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-11-23

weird sleep... not a lot of it and BEAUTIFUL CALIFORNIA!

Slept at 11:20pm... woke up at 2:45AM! Drove to the airport for my 5am flight, connected in Seattle (pouring rain) slept on a bench in front of the gate and then again on the airplane. Thought I might actually die on the first leg because the turbulence was non-stop, I felt sick to my stomach (never had happened to me on a plane before) and the plane teetered a dozen times as we landed and eventually slowed down into strong winds and driving rain. Arrived 9:30am... & GO!


Love Mom for picking me up (and for busting my balls all day). Drew and I went to Newport, got fabulous fish burritos at Bear Flag, spent some time by the beach... I almost grabbed a Great Blue Heron (the closest I have ever gotten to one, actually), saw the PELICANS! Some tiny cormorants, and even some dolphins glistening in the 78-degree sun! Great day.

Some reading, dinner with the family.. it's awesome to be with Mom, Dad, and Jake. No Charlie... so that is kind of sad. But I saw his ashes and his water/food bowls are there still-- nostalgia indeed. RIP to you kind, quiet, black friend.

No comments: