Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-11-05

slow down, sleep, rest... really and reset

That's what it took. Sleep... rest, waking up late into an already gorgeous sunny Bellingham morning. To the farmer's market where I ran into a lot of colleagues. Got food for the next week or so and lots of plans for great soups: potato-leek-kale, homemade chicken soup. I got home and picked up my book and after a chapter took a nap. Next thing I know it is 4pm and gorgeous still. Perfect situation for a kayak... but my shoulder feels weird and I didn't have time to warm-up or stretch. So I decided a walk along the coast was better. Lots of people, lots of concrete on the dock and sidewalks, but the birds still fly and swim looking for fish. They reminded me that I love the coast and the wildlife and that I should make an effort to get there more often.

Enter a conflict: I am trying to use less gasoline. I don't want to drive far at all and make efforts to not use my car. In fact, I haven't put gas in my car tank since the end of September. But tomorrow I'll have to fill up as I want to head to the birds at the border... and center myself again.

I wrote yesterday about not being the social butterfly I once was. Well, that was a REALLY long time ago actually. If I accurately recall, then I'll see the pattern that indeed I am a loner. Lots of traveling solo, bird watching and dinners by myself, random snowboard and hiking days just me. So, I can accept that I have spent much of my life on my own. And that is OK too. So, I now have a better perspective of where I am. And it took the coast and the birds (not to mention some sunshine and rest) to remind me that all is well and that there are no stressful aspects of my life anyhow.

And not to worry about finding or making friends. It is a slow process for me. And the friends I make are gems also, so I shouldn't go about making some just to fill the time and space. The true energy will arrive and maintain me when it does. :) And then I look to the quote on the side of my blog from Castaneda and I settle down even more. Energy is what is important... not how it is decorated.

No comments: