Olympics at sunset in September

Olympics at sunset in September
Wedding Reception on Camano Island

2011-11-18

missed yesterday but good for today!

Got to be crazy/madness yesterday... all busy with class and yoga, tea with CeCe and then folks kept arriving and then social support took over and then I went over to Kate and CeCe's for group studying... eventually found myself home at 11:15pm, pretty tired, with reading to do still. So I went to bed.

-----------------

It has been a fulfilling week, with much social and community connectedness. Recently folks have been struggling or looking for guidance. Or simply an ear, or a shoulder. I have been in a very good space recently, so I have no tears to shed besides the empathetic ones. It is because of my present flourishing that I am not only able to help others cope with their troubles, but excited to spend time doing so.

I have put off some work and will have to bust my arse to catch up. I even have to forgo snowboarding this weekend (despite 2 feet of fresh powder!) on the opening of Mt. Baker. And you know what... it is OK. Community needs support and it provides comfort. It is our responsibility to provide that when we are able and to lean on community when we need it.

And I will slow down again, not drive to the mountains (and use the gas), this weekend. More fresh produce from the farmer's market... hopefully to get stuff for another wonderful potato-leek-cabbage soup and make it. Also, this afternoon I went down to the harbor and bought two salmon. A Coho (Keta) [6.5 lbs] and a Pink [3.5 lbs] . For a total of $20. Unbelievable! From the fisherman who caught them last summer outside of Petersberg, Alaska. That's about as "local" as one could do.

No comments: